Apex Compounding Pharmacy specializes in making custom compounded medications to suit your prescription requirements and lifestyle. We pride ourselves on offering comprehensive advice based on over 25 years’ experience. Ara, April and the rest of the team will ensure that your questions are answered and any concerns are addressed.
What is Compounding?
Compounding combines an ageless art with the latest medical knowledge and state-of-the-art technology, allowing specially trained professionals to prepare customized medications to meet each patient’s specific needs. Compounding is fundamental to the profession of pharmacy and was a standard means of providing prescription medications before drugs began to be produced in mass quantities by pharmaceutical manufacturers.
The demand for professional compounding has increased as healthcare professionals and patients realize that the limited number of strengths and dosage forms that are commercially available do not meet the needs of many patients, and that these patients often have a better response to a customized dosage form that is “just what the doctor ordered”.
Dosage formats include:
- Cosmetic gels, ointments, balms, liniments (both topical, transdermal)
- Custom solutions, syrups, suspensions (oral-flavoured, G-tube use)
- Custom-dosed capsules (Slow release, Extended release, Immediate Release)
- Creams (topical, transdermal, vaginal)
- Dye Free Formulations
- Gels (topical, transdermal, vaginal)
- Ointments (topical, transdermal, vaginal)
- Insufflations (aerosol, inhaler, nebulizer)
- Lactose-Free formulations
- Medicated lollipops
- Medicated lozenges
- Medicated troches (gummies) with custom flavouring (including animal treat troches)
- Preservative-Free formulations
- Rapid-dissolve tablets (orally-disintegrating, sublingual, buccal)
- Suppositories (rectal, vaginal)
- Suspensions (flavoured, custom-dosed)